MMus (Perf) BMus SMT VRM VMT VHFA
Kate Valentine specialises in vocal massage, laryngeal manual therapy, vocal health, and injury prevention. A passionate ambassador for vocal health, it is her mission to help remove the mystery and stigma surrounding vocal wellbeing and injury, and to provide a safe space for clients to help them with their journey – whichever part of that journey they are on.
Whilst enjoying a successful career as a principal artist on the international operatic stage she sustained a vocal injury: a career-defining moment which sparked a fascination with vocal health, rehabilitation, and the long-term benefits of manual therapy for voice.
As well as running her own practice ‘Valentine Voice Care’ in Lewes, East Sussex, and managing a busy client list including English National Opera, the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Scottish Opera, Glyndebourne Festival Opera, and The Dunedin Consort, Kate also works with two multidisciplinary teams: the Voice Care Centre (London) and Clyde Consulting Rooms (Glasgow)
- Certificate in Vocal Health First Aid
- Certificate in Advance Vocal Anatomy and Vocal Health Theory
- Certificate in Vocal Massage & Manual therapy
- Certificate in Laryngeal Manipulation
- Certificate in Voice Release Massage
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- MMus (Performance), Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- BMus, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
Kate offers Vocal Massage treatments and specialises in caring for opera singers and classical artists.